The best faucet water filter systems on the market offer you an easy and relatively inexpensive way to enjoy clean drinking water in your home. Our list will provide you with the best faucet water filter products we’ve found, complete with technical specifications, and information on what we liked and what could be improved. This list uses criteria such as filter performance, longevity, usability, and users’ opinions.
Top 7 Best Faucet Water Filter Systems of 2020
|Product||Filter Life||Best For||Price|
|100 gallons||Overall Value||Check Latest Price|
|200 gallons||Easy Installation||Check Latest Price|
|200 gallons||Compact Design||Check Latest Price|
7. Brita’s Basic On Tap Faucet Filter
Many users think of Brita as the maker of the best water faucet filter products you can buy. This unit is easy to install on most existing faucets and gives you the option to use filtered or unfiltered water at your leisure. Most users claim it works well for any water sources that are dealing with mild pollution.
6. PUR 3-Stage Filtration Faucet Mount
In addition to its incredible value, we think this is one of the best faucet water filter systems for removing contaminants. It can get rid of most chemicals with a success rate of over 90 percent. Many users appreciate that it is ready to go on most standard PUR faucets. You can connect or remove the unit in just minutes, making filter replacement easy.
5. DuPont Electric Metered Deluxe Faucet Filter
This next product is very efficient in filtering and leaves a better tasting water in just one convenient filter. Moreover, the filter does not just improve water taste, but it also removes sediments, chlorine, asbestos, and mercury. It also has an easy-to-read display to help measure filter life and is a very affordable option.
4. InstaPure Faucet Mount Water Filter
This product from InstaPure is one of the best faucet water filters you can buy if you need something that is simple to use. Many users appreciate the design and aesthetic appeal of this unit. We like that you can install it in three easy steps without the aid of tools and can turn it off when necessary.
3. Culligan Faucet Mount Water Filter
We think the best faucet water filter products alert you when it’s time to change the filter. It’s not always easy to know when your filtration system is not performing optimally, but this faucet filter will let you know when you need a replacement. Many users appreciate the visual appeal of this filter and say it is very easy to install.
2. Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter
This is another Culligan item that earns one of the best faucet water filter spots on our list. We like that you can choose from multiple finishes to ensure that the unit matches your existing decor. Many users are impressed with how effective the filtration system is and that you don’t need any tools to install it. You can have cleaner water in mere seconds with this filter.
1. DuPont Premier Faucet Mount Water Filter
If you need something that is affordable, this is perhaps the best faucet water filter you can purchase. It comes with everything you need for a quick and easy install job. You can start cleaning your tap water in just a few minutes with this system. While many users appreciate how effectively the filter works, they also like that it improves the taste and smell of their drinking water.
Why and How to Choose a Faucet Water Filter for Your Home
Some people might wonder why they should get a faucet water filter when they can simply install a whole house water filter or an under-sink RO water filter and solve the problem of clean water for good. To answer this question, we need to look at the faucet water filters’ advantages:
- Faucet water filers take very little space and feature easy installation – if you live in a small home, a college dorm room, a rented apartment, or even a hotel you do not have the means to install large and complex home water filtration systems. A faucet water filter goes up in minutes and delivers clean, safe, and healthy water no matter where you live or how big your house/family is.
- They are affordable and easy to find on the market. The faucet water filters’ prices are clearly lower than those of other systems’, including countertop water filters (which are also bigger in size and require some installation skills);
- They are portable, which you cannot say about many other water filtering systems on the market. If you have to move from city to city with your job or rent different places throughout the year, you can bring your own faucet filter and eliminate the stress of unclean water from your life.
- They are eco-friendly from many points of view, adding to your water conservation and environmental protection efforts.
What to Look For Before Buying a Faucet Water Filter
- Faucet compatibility – this is the first thing to consider, especially when you buy such a device online. Make sure the product matches standard faucets or the faucet you own at home. Many will not fit pull-out, drop-down, or hand-held faucets, so pay attention!
- Filter life – the bigger, the better.
- Water pressure and flow rate – make sure your faucet filter matches the water pressure and flow rate of your tap water and does not interfere significantly with them.
- Contaminant removal – faucet water filters can deal with a bunch of unclean water problems, odor, color, taste, smell, etc. However, if you rely on well water or water that features harsh chemicals, bacteria, and other dangerous pollutants, mix the faucet filter with another type of water filter.
Our list has the best faucet water filter systems to meet a wide variety of needs. Whether you need something that allows you to select filtered water at your leisure, or you are just looking for something that is quick and easy to install, we think you’ll find the best faucet water filter you need here. In case you are looking for alternatives, check out the best water filter pitchers on the market! Please share your experience with us if you’ve tried any of these faucet water filters!