If you want to drink, wash and bathe with quality water, you need to invest in the best home water filtration system. Whether single-cylinder or dual-stage, a reliable system will provide your entire household with cleaner water without sacrificing pressure. We’ll give you our picks for the best home water filtration system based on maintenance levels, performance, filter life, and users’ opinions. Without further ado, check them out below!
6 Best Home Water Filtration Systems
|Product||Filter Life||Best For||Price|
|15,000 gallons||Overall Value||Check Latest Price|
|Variable||Heavy Duty||Check Latest Price|
|Up to 6 months||Performance||Check Latest Price|
6. 3M AquaPure AP903 Filtration System (5621102)
Tired of smelling chlorine every time you turn on the faucet? The 3M AquaPure AP903 is one of the best home water filtration system units you can count on. It has the power to filter visibly reduce dirt, sediment, and rest, as well as any other unpleasant odors.
Although you may want to work with a professional for the initial installation, replacing the filter head once a year is a breeze. You don’t need a single tool for replacement. If you do purchase the AP903, don’t forget to install a sediment filter in front of the main unit to prevent clogging.
5. iSpring WGB22B Dual-Stage Filtration System
The iSpring WGB22B might be the best home water filtration system you can buy if you only have limited water intake space. If necessary, the unit is compact enough to fit in a small closet. However, the two-stage system is also powerful enough to filter out over 95% of most harmful chemicals from your water supply.
Moreover, numerous users appreciate that they can see and feel the effects of the filter in their water’s softness when it comes to washing clothes and other items. Alternatively, to boost results, you can think about using a separate water softener system.
4. BLUONICS Dual Filtration System
Bluonics has arguably the best home water filtration system on a budget. The two-stage system comes with both sediment and carbon block filters, a wall bracket with screws, and a housing wrench. When you eventually need to replace the filters, you can buy a 12-pack from the same company.
Despite its lack of installation instructions, the Bluonics system is clearly labeled. Therefore, the assembly becomes simple, even without guidelines. You can use the Bluonics home filtration system with city water or well water to filter out iron content.
3. Reverse Osmosis Revolution WHF-34V2 3-stage Filtration System
Another best home water filtration system is undoubtedly the Reverse Osmosis Revolution WHF-34V2. Applauded by customers for its accessibility, it has the same high-performance capabilities as competitors for only a fraction of the price. In addition, maintenance and filter replacement are a piece of cake.
The WHF-34V2’s filtration process occurs in three stages. Firstly, the sediment filter captures dirt, dust, rust or sand particles. Secondly, the activated carbon filter stops chemicals like volatile organic compounds or chlorine. Lastly, the block filter boosts the impact of the carbon filter, removing odors and nasty tastes.
2. Culligan WH-HD200-C Filtration System
We believe the best home water filtration system is one that offers benefits in addition to cleaning your water supply. In this regard, the Culligan WH-HD200-C system provides quite a few customer-friendly perks. For example, the single-cylinder system features a bypass shut off valve and a battery-operated timer for filter change.
According to countless positive reports, the Culligan system eliminates scale, rust, and lime deposits from the surfaces of sinks or appliances. The clever home water filtration system may be able to keep your kitchen and other areas looking nice while it brings you cleaner water.
1. DuPont Filtration System
DuPont offers the best home water filtration system if you’re looking for an incredible value. While the WFPF13003B only uses a single-stage filter, it is more than enough to keep most harmful chemicals and sediments out of your water supply.
Overall, the DuPont system should have a positive effect on both the taste and odor of your water. Many users also appreciate it as one of the best home water filtration system options in terms of installation. If you consider yourself to be a handy person, you won’t have issues installing the WFPF13003B home filtration system on your own.
How to Choose the Best Home Water Filtration System
Let’s discuss now a few key points you need to consider before buying a home water filter.
- Type: You can choose between a carbon-based filtration system (like most whole house water filters on the market), or go for a reverse osmosis water filtration system (for the whole house or for under the sink). They both meet and exceed your clean water standards and requirements, but each comes with its strenghts.
- Filter life: as you have seen by now, the more extended the filter life is (measured in gallons or months), the more comfortable your life will be (as you will need fewer filter replacements over the years);
- Water pressure and water flow rate are two important aspects you cannot disregard when you buy a water filtration system for your home. Some filters lower the flow rate to some extent, others increase it. Make sure you buy a filtering system that matches (or at least doesn’t clash with) your home’s water pressure and flow rate.
- Some RO systems are able to eliminate most of the hard water minerals in your home. Nevertheless, if you are dealing with exceptionally hard water in your area, you should also consider adding a water softener/descaler to your home improvement list.
- When it comes to water contaminants, certifications issued by WQA against NSF/ANSI standards are a benefit.
To conclude, the best home water filtration system will clean your water, improve its taste, and clear up any odors. Regardless if you need a filtration system that is affordable or easy to install and use, we’re sure you can now take your pick. To get even more options, check out our list of the best whole house water filtration system reviews. Share your thoughts on the best home water filtration system with us in the comments below!