If you’re looking for a whole house heavy duty filtration system, Culligan WH-HD200-C may just be the product for you. Here we give you a review and guide for this whole house water filtering system. Read on to learn more.
- Culligan WH-HD200-C Water Filter: Comparison Table
- Culligan WH-HD200-C: Special Features
- Why Should You Buy the WH-HD200-C?
- Disadvantages of Culligan WH-HD200-C Water Filter?
- What’s Inside the Package?
- Setting Up the Culligan Whole House Water Filter Unit
- What Replacement Filters Can You Use for this Model?
- Culligan WH-HD200-C: FAQs
- How Do You Solve Leaking Problems?
- How Do You Replace the WH-HD200-C Filter Battery?
- How Do You Replace the Culligan Whole House Water Filter Cartridge?
- What’s the Warranty Coverage on this Water Filtering Product?
Culligan WH-HD200-C Water Filter: Comparison Table
Culligan WH-HD200-C: Special Features
|It’s a water filtration system for whole house use.||This Culligan WH-HD200-C product can provide your filtering needs at home.|
|Easy view. With a clear sump, you see your filter at work.||You can have an easy look as it filters your water. Confirm whether it is indeed time for a filter change or you can delay a bit more. Get to monitor water quality in real-time.|
|Durable. Culligan’s WH-HD200-C filtration system is heavy duty.||It uses a 1” stainless steel reinforced inlet/outlet system. Its pressure rating is 125 psi.|
|Accurate water filter life monitoring.||The whole house water filter Culligan WH model comes with a water filter life indicator that warns you when it’s time for a filter change.|
|Deep filtration.||Dirty water? This water filter is up to the challenge. HD200 C cleanses tap water from dirt, sand, rust, scale, silt, other sediments, and more.|
Why Should You Buy the WH-HD200-C?
This WH model is a good water filtration system for small to large households. Singles who live in a single flat and rarely stay at home probably don’t need to buy it. But, if you live in a regular household with other people living with you, this HD200 C is an option. It’s built to filter water constantly.
With this HD200 C whole house heavy duty filtering system, you also get to protect your appliances (like coffee machines) from sediment and scale build-up. Also, the HD200 C whole house filter helps keep your plumbing system clear from sediment or scale build-up. So your faucets flow freely and clearly.
Why else? This Culligan HD200 C whole house filter is minimal in cost. So you use it for longer. The whole house water filter can stand heavy use day in and day out. This saves you on unit replacement costs.
Those who have other drinking water filtration systems in their home will benefit a lot from this product. Because the HD200 C whole house filter stretches the life of your filter cartridges.
Lastly, and more importantly, the HD200 C whole house filter is a reliable whole house filtration system you can use if you live in an area with highly contaminated water.
Disadvantages of Culligan WH-HD200-C Water Filter?
Based on user comments, here are some things you may not like about using this whole house filtration system:
- You may need to change The HD200 C house filter as often as monthly. This is the case for one user who resides in an area that has dirty water.
- Since the HD200 C whole house filter is mostly a sediment filtering system, some feel you still need a separate drinking water filtration system. This means possibly double expenses for a household.
- Some materials are made of plastic.
- This whole house filtration system is good for the task. That’s why depending on the replacement filter you’ll be using, you may also lose essential minerals.
- Some observe that lower micron rates on replacement filters affect the water flow. Now, understand that lower micron ratings restrict more particles and may reduce the flow of water as it filters.
- No filters come with your HD200 C whole house filter purchase. Unfortunately, you need to purchase filter cartridges separately.
- This unit is not UV rated for bare outdoor placement. And so it’s best to buy a UV cover to shade it.
- You may need to hire a plumber if you’re not confident about cutting the incoming cold water pipe and making the installation yourself.
What’s Inside the Package?
Every purchase includes the filtering unit (housing) and mounting accessories. Furthermore, it comes with a water filter life indicator holder, filter life indicator, filter head, the O-ring, housing wrench, mounting bracket, and mounting screws. Also, other inclusions are pressure relief valve, built-in shut-off, and bypass.
Installation Fittings and Teflon tape are not included in this WH unit. And if you need to install a galvanized pipe, you have to use galvanized fittings to install this product.
Setting Up the Culligan Whole House Water Filter Unit
You need minimal tools to install the Culligan. So you’ll just be using a pipe cutter or hacksaw, 2 adjustable wrenches, a file, and a pencil
What Replacement Filters Can You Use for this Model?
Make sure that you use and drink clean and great tasting water by replacing filters regularly. There are different Culligan filters you can use according to the condition of your water and its filtering needs.
Culligan Replacement Filters: Comparison Table
All of these replacement filters are suitable for use with WH-HD200-C. You can buy them on Amazon. Remember that the filter life may vary according to usage and water conditions. The unit comes with a filter life indicator and tells you when to change filters. You’ll also get a clue that it’s time to change filters when water pressure drops or lags.
As for micron ratings, the smaller the micron rating, the more capable it is of filtering smaller particles. By the way, the Culligan’s R50-BBSA is a basic (Level 1) filter. If you have high-flowing water or well-water systems, you can opt for this.
The CP5-BBS is not recommended for households who draw from well water. This replacement filter is a premium ( Level 4 filtration) product.
Culligan WH-HD200-C: FAQs
How do you Install the Product?
These instructions are similar to installing other Culligan 1” compression fittings. (You need a different set of fittings and instructions for other sizes and non-copper pipes.) Here are the steps:
- Choose a location that has 1.5” to 2 inches of clearance below the housing. This will make filter changes easy and free. Many agree that the best place to install this whole house filtration system is at the point where the water goes into the house. It is also not recommended to install this in a hot water line.
- Place the filter after your house water meter or pressure tank.
- Cut your home’s main water supply. Turn on one of your faucets to drain pipes. Apply a 6” Teflon® tape in a clockwise motion to the pipe threads of all adapters.
- Assemble all fittings. Place adapters into the WH-HD200-C filter head. Just use your hand. Then grab a wrench for a proper tightening.
Measure the total length of your unit with the adapters attached. Reduce the measurement just right enough to give space for the pipe to connect into the adapters. This measurement determines how much pipe to cut off. Put marks on the section of the pipe to remove.
- Cut away the marked section. You need a pipe cutter. File the edges on the cut pipe.
- Slip the ferrule and the brass compression nut on each end of the pipe.
Align the Culligan WH-HD200-C filter assembly with the ends of both pipes. Make sure your water flows in the same direction as the arrow marks on your filter head. Spread the ends of the pipe apart to install the WH-HD200-C filter assembly. You need a pair of adjustable wrenches. With one wrench, hold the incoming WH-HD200-C fitting securely. Grab the second and make the nut tight. Do the same for the outgoing fitting.
Check that the filter housing is tightened properly. Adjust using the housing wrench that comes with the package. Turn the bypass valve to FILTER mode using the housing wrench. Turn on your home’s main water supply. Slowly press the WH-HD200-C red pressure-relief button (on top) to release any trapped air.
- Open one faucet and flush the Culligan filter cartridge for 5 minutes.
- Reset the WH-HD200-C filter life indicator by holding the reset button down for 2 seconds. When the light turns green, it’s ready for use.
Some Reminders about Installing this Product
- After the set-up is over, prime the bypass valve first before turning the water back on. Do this by turning the Culligan filter unit bypass dial back and forth. Do this for 10-12 times using the handle of the housing wrench. This undoes any possible freezing of the unit that happens either at the assembly or while in transport across different weather or climate.
- Install a jumper wire if you use the water pipes to ground electrical systems, phones, and appliances.
- If you decide to use an optional mounting bracket. Attach it to the wall with mounting screws for stability.
How Do You Solve Leaking Problems?
For Leaks between the Filter Dead and Housing:
- Turn off your whole house’s main water supply.
- Press down the WH-HD200-C red pressure-relief button.
- Take off the bottom of the WH-HD200-C housing.
- Clean the WH-HD200-C O-Ring and the O-Ring groove. These are located directly beneath the housing threads.
- Oil the Culligan housing O-ring with clean silicone grease.
- Replace the O-ring into the groove.
- Screw the housing back into the filter head. Remember to hand-tighten. Do not overdo it.
For Leaks that come out from Inlet or Outlet Connections:
- Turn off your whole house’s main water supply.
- For your unit’s brass fittings, tighten the nut well. Do about a half turn with a wrench.
- Restore your home’s main water supply.
If these measures don’t stop the leaking and if leaks come from other places, contact customer support.
How Do You Replace the WH-HD200-C Filter Battery?
The filter indicator light is powered by a battery. Replace it at least once a year to keep accurate time. Here are the steps:
- Using a small screwdriver on the base of the indicator holder. Remove it from the housing.
- Use a small screwdriver on the bottom flat side of the filter life indicator. Lightly pry it open. Disattach the timer base from the cap.
- Remove the Culligan housing circuit board. Slide the old battery out of the holder. Replace with a new battery. The unit uses a CR2032 battery.
- Align and place the circuit board back into the housing.
- Align the base can cap. Snap them back together. Place the indicator back into the housing.
- Reset the Culligan WH-HD200-C unit filter life indicator. This will restart the timer. The light will flash green. A red flash in 90 days reminds you that it’s time for a filter change.
How Do You Replace the Culligan Whole House Water Filter Cartridge?
When the water filter life indicator flashes red, it’s time for a water filter change. Here are the steps:
- Turn off your whole house’s main water supply.
- Open a faucet to drain the pipes and release pressure.
- Note that for Culligan filters with a bypass valve, you may omit step 1. Just turn the bypass valve to the OFF position, as shown below.
Unscrew the housing using the housing wrench (shown below). Keep turning the housing until it comes off. Have a ready vessel to catch excess water.
Remove the O-Ring from the groove (as shown below). Wipe it clean. Set aside.
- Discard the used cartridge. Rinse the housing. Fill it with 1/3 of water. Mix in some bleach (2 tablespoons max). Scrub the housing with a non-abrasive brush or cleaning sponge. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate the O-Ring with food-grade, clean, clear silicone grease. Then re-insert it into the groove. Gently push in place.
- Insert the new filter cartridge inside of the housing. Screw the housing back into the cap till tight. Use the housing wrench and adjust for final and appropriate tightness. Make sure that the standpipe and the filter head slips into the cartridge.
- Slowly turn the Culligan WH-HD200-C bypass valve to the FILTER mark. You’ll see water filling the Culligan’s housing unit.
- Slowly press the red pressure-relief button so trapped air can come out.
- Check for leaks.
- Reset the Wh-HD200 C water filter life indicator button by a two-second press.
- (If you followed step 1, turn the main water supply back on first.) Turn the faucet on. Flush filter cartridge for 5 minutes before regular use.
- Your WH-HD200-C is now ready to filter water for you.
What’s the Warranty Coverage on this Water Filtering Product?
There’s a warranty for Culligan water filter whole house filter housing if your WH-HD200-C has defects in its materials plus on workmanship for 2 years from the date the filtering unit was delivered.
This is void where any part of the unit has been tampered, altered, or improperly used. There is no coverage against freezing. And the company doesn’t cover defects and deterioration due to unintended use of the Culligan whole house filters.
The Culligan whole house water filters warranty is also voided when the unit has been serviced by repair companies that are not approved by Culligan.
Calligan does not cover damages due to shipping or transit. Customers must make claims with the carrier on these matters.
Disposable filter cartridges don’t have a warranty since life expectancy changes depending on water type.
Product warranty excludes labor and transportation or shipping expenses incurred. Further, the purchaser is responsible for hiring any service to do the installation and maintenance of the product.
For more information and help, you may refer to the product manual.
Every time you turn on the faucet, you want clean, clear, and good quality water you can use for hygiene, food preparations, and drinking. With the Culligan WH-HD200-C, you can do that.
It filters not just the water that comes out of your faucet. It also keeps your plumbing clean. Not only does it deliver safe and great tasting water, but it also helps preserve the condition of your home appliances that use water. If these are useful factors for you, then think of installing this Culligan whole house water filtration system. You can buy it on Amazon.