Here at Water Filters Advisor, we are lucky enough to have a team of Expert Reviewers, and Registered Dietitians working closely with us to bring the best content to our readers.
Why We Work with Registered Dietitians?
There are many experts that call themselves ‘nutritionists’, but it’s important to know that all Registered Dietitians are nutritionists, but nutritionists are not Registered Dietitians.
Nutritionists are not required to go any education or credentialing, as the term ‘nutritionist’ is a self-proclaimed title. Nutritionists are not legally accepted as experts in food and nutritional science, nor licensed to practice in many states where licensure exists for Registered Dietitians.
Registered Dietitians are experts on nutrition and food. They are required to also maintain ongoing continuing education credits to keep up with the latest trends and science.
The path to being a RDN is not an easy one, and here’s how it goes:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree through a US-accredited university
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Completion of an ACEND accredited Dietetic Internship (DI). This is a highly competitive process where you are matched to a program, and the match rates hover around 50 percent.
- Pass a challenging national credentialing exam
There are two other paths by which an individual can become a Registered Dietitian.
First, an individual can complete a coordinated program that already includes supervised practice rotations during time in undergraduate studies, and then sit for the credentialing exam.
Second, there are many individuals who look to go into dietetics as a second career. Someone with a bachelor’s degree in another field can also obtain a master’s degree and go through the dietetic internship match process or look for a program that incorporates supervised practice during the master’s program. The national credentialing exam is also required at the end of the education and supervised practice.
You can read more about the eligibility process on CDR
Expert Site Reviewer
A true asset to our team is Registered Dietician Nutritionist, Chrissy Arsenault. With an extensive educational background, and years of experience, and multiple projects under her name, Chrissy truly brings something special to our team.
Chrissy has an impressive educational background and specializes in a variety of niches including:
- Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences at Cornell University.
- Minors in Biological Sciences from East Asia University.
- Master of Business Administration from Indiana University – Kelley School of Business.
Aside from her educational attainment, Chrissy is also well versed in the world of nutrition and has an extensive background with tons of experience and all the right certifications.
- Over 1,200 hours of practice for her Dietetic Internship at the University of Kentucky Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) through the Commission for Dietetic Registration (CDR).
To go along with her credentials and experience as a RDN, Chrissy actively advocates for a healthy lifestyle and is even a familiar face on multiple social platforms, where she can be seen talking about the importance of health. She even had a cooking and hydration segment on local FOX news. Click here to learn more of the expert reviewer.
Another one of our expert reviewers, and in-house Registered Dietitians is Diana Lee. With a solid background in educational attainment, experience, and affinity for health she helps make all the best recommendations here at WaterFiltersAdvisor with her expert opinions.
Diana is well grounded with her educational background which includes:
- Master in Nutrition and Public Health from Teachers College at Columbia University, New York
- Bachelors of Arts in Art History and Japanese Studies from Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
Like all Registered Dietitians and Nutritionists, Diana had to undergo and complete many requirements in order to attain her certifications, this includes
- Clinical dietetic internship for Nutrition Therapy at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
After attaining her certification, Diana went on to doing good for her community by:
- Working closely with City Government Agencies
- Working as a Nutritional Therapist
An impressive background is not all there is to Diana. Aside from that, she also takes her career a step further by constantly working and advocating for health issues related to food systems and overall sustainability for a healthier lifestyle. She has worked with, and participated in a number of events lead by prominent organizations with regards to public health such as :
- Consulting with and providing expert opinions for the World Health Organization.
- Finalist for the UNICEF Global Design Challenge.
- Active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Another Registered Dietician, we have Julie Harris. But not only that, Julie is a Certified Personal Trainer with many ties to health and fitness. With her background, and expertise across multiple niches, Julie’s expert opinions are highly valued at WaterFiltersAdvisor as she provides the best advice and recommendations with each article.
Julie’s experience in the world of health and fitness goes way back starting with her education:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science , California State University
- Second degree in Dietetics, University of Northern Colorado
With her educational background, Julie has built a solid image for herself in the health and fitness community with up to 13 years of experience in this field:
- 1,280 internship hours, Washington County Public Schools.
- Certified Personal Trainer, American College of Sports Medicine.
- Works closely with health and technology companies.
- Has opened and lead classes in multiple fitness centers.
As a Personal Trainer and Registered Dietician, Julie’s advocacy for a healthier lifestyle does not just stop here. Aside from her education and career related experience, Julie takes on a variety of projects through different mediums that allow her to share her wisdom with the public through endeavors that include:
- Working closely with health technology companies.
- Marketing and engagement management for numerous health products.
- Writing health-related content for a variety of websites, journals, and alike.