Hahn water filters help you find the right balance when it comes to the amount of chlorine in your water. Chlorine is a common chemical in water we use for showering, drinking, and cleaning, and while there are negative effects, some is necessary. With the right Hahn water filter, you can enjoy your everyday shower with no fear.
These units are NSF tested and remove over 97% of chlorine in the water. Additionally, they have a lifespan of up to six years (600,000 gallons of water) as a Hahn company guarantee.
Hahn Water Filters: 8 Expert Reviews
1. Hahn Whole House System and Descaler
Whole house water filters are great appliances to keep in your home and Hahn offers this one at a great price. Here are some key things to note about the product:
- This system uses a 20-inch long 20-micron whole house water filter. This gets rid of slit and most undissolved particles, as well as chlorine using granular activated carbon.
- The filter doesn’t remove 100% of chlorine.
- The second tank in the system is a descaler. Descalers use catalytic media to form the crystalline of the calcium ions, since it doesn’t scale.
- A descaling feature is not quite the same as a water softener. We get soft water by removing calcium and magnesium.
- The fourth step in the system is a 10-inch 1-micron filter. This purifies the water at the end of the process.
The bottom line is this system is not ideal for drinking water. Completely removing chlorine from the water exposes it to various bacteria, viruses, yeast, and more. However, it purifies the water and makes it perfectly safe for showering and hand washing.
Note from Alex: It says doesn’t remove 100% of chlorine but then the final paragraph says it does. Which is it?
2. Hahn 3-Stage 600 Gallon Under-Counter
This Hahn water filter unit is ideal for removing chlorine, as well as various other contaminants. It comes with Selective Aquafree Filtration which removes over 60 contaminants while retaining essential minerals. It’s a much better solution than a reverse osmosis filter, which creates “dead water”.
- With a simple set up, this unit doesn’t require any skills to install, replace, and maintain. Plus, the filter will last for over six months. Additionally, it features a simple and easy twist-off design.
- The system is NSF/ANSI 42, 53, and 401 certified, and is able to purify over 600 gallons of water. It comes with all the necessary fittings and hoses for simple installation. However, if you don’t use it properly, or if the water is excessively contaminated, it might get clogged after a couple of months.
Considering its price and quality, this water filtration system is an excellent solution. Just make sure that you install and use it properly according to the user manual.
3. Hahn Reverse Osmosis System
This Hahn system helps remove most of the harmful contaminants, including chlorine. Similar to the previous unit, the Hahn Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System comes with Selective Aquafree Filtration.
The system is NSF certified, which means that it’s perfectly safe to use. It provides beneficial amount of calcium, potassium, and magnesium, for optimal pH balanced water. It also reduces various pesticides and herbicides.
The unit is very durable and made of high-quality materials, providing clean, safe water while also reducing radium and arsenic.
4. Hahn Shower Filtration System
The best way to protect your skin and hair from chlorine related damage is to use a shower filtration system. Here are a few things to note about this Hahn shower water filter:
- It comes with a customizable shower head and can work at a 2.5 GPM flow rate, which helps you achieve much softer and moisturized skin.
- The filter uses coconut shell carbon, the filter significantly reduces chlorine and most synthetic chemicals.
- The system comes with patented copper or zinc media. It further reduces chlorine and improves water pH balance.
- Made in the USA, the system uses high-quality materials that have a decent lifespan.
5. Replacement Filter for Hahn HF-RO
If you own an HF-RO system, at some point you will need to buy a replacement filter. With 0.8 GPM flow rate and six months lifespan, this filter is the ideal solution.
This fluoride filter removes over 90% of fluoride, mercury, chlorine, arsenic, lead, and asbestos. The filter is also very simple to install and requires no DIY skills. All you need to do is remove the old one and put this filter in the right position.
This water filter is an excellent choice for all HF-RO owners. It’s simple to install, provides a decent flow rate, and reduces most contaminants.
6. Hahn 3 Cartridge 600 Gallon Replacement Element for HF-3STAGE-BN
Similar to the previous unit, this replacement filter is for owners of HF-3STAGE-BN. It’s NSF certified and promises over 600 gallons of proper work. It also comes with an activated and catalytic carbon. This works through the ion-exchange process.
The product is a bit pricey, but compared to similar units, it does a much better job. Using various tests, we concluded that it provides perfectly safe water for both showering and drinking.
You can’t go wrong with this filter. Every system needs a new filter at some point, and this unit is the right choice for all HF-3STAGE-BN owners.
7. Hahn 2 Cartridge Replacement Element for HF-2STAGE-BN
With absolute sub-micron mechanical filtration, this cartridge is a powerful element for obtaining safe and clean water. The company promises at least 450 gallons of pure water.
Additionally, the unit is NSF/ANSI certified for 42, 52, and 401 standards. It features the ion-exchange process and uses activated and catalytic carbon for the best performance. Like most Hahn water filter products, it’s very simple to install and requires no special maintenance.
If you own the HF-2STAGE-BN system, you will need to buy this cartridge sooner or later. However, the good thing is that it provides excellent quality and comes at an affordable price.
8. Hahn RO Membrane Replacement
If you prefer the reverse osmosis process to clean your water, you will still need to replace the membrane over time. However, for less than $70, you can get this excellent replacement.
This membrane removes over 95% of particles, such as fluoride, mercury, arsenic, and chlorine, as well as lead and asbestos. Plus, the unit is NSF certified for 42, 53, and 58 standards.
This membrane has a two year lifespan, but usually works even longer. Considering its price, this water filter unit is an excellent, long-term investment.
Buying Guide – Hahn System
When the water reaches the filter, it has to pass through four stages. First, it comes upon a 20-inch 20-micron mechanical filter, which gets rid of slit and larger undissolved particles. Next, the water moves through a tank that removes chlorine.
After most of the chlorine is removed, the water reaches the third stage (the second tank), which is a descaler. The descaler uses a 10-inch 60-micron catalytic media filter to create the crystalline from the ions.
It is important to note that Hahn water filter systems don’t remove chlorine completely, but around 97%. Completely removing chlorine from water is not a good thing to do, as it would allow various bacteria and viruses to form in the water.
Installation and Assembly
Before we dive into the Hahn water filter installation process, there are a few important things to note. First, the unit must be installed by a licensed plumber to validate the warranty. During the installation, you need to keep the unit in an upright position at all times.
The first thing to do is remove the red caps from the inlet and outlet ports. Next, precondition the unit. Simply connect the garden hose to the unit and slowly turn on the water. Flush the tanks for about ten minutes, and then disconnect the garden hose and prepare the unit in the right position for installation.
Before you start the installation, turn off the main water supply. Install the unit to the main water supply, but don’t overtighten anything. Otherwise, the components might break. Also, you should not use pipe dope, since it will void the warranty. Instead, you should use a certified pipe primer, glue, and Teflon tape.
Once you finish the installation, turn on the main water supply and check for leakage. If there are no leaks, turn on the faucet which is closest to the unit. Finally, let the water run for around ten minutes. Your whole house Hahn water filter system is ready for use.
Another thing to note is that you shouldn’t use the unit if the water pressure is above 100 PSI. Its optimal pressure range is between 20 and 100. Only use cold water with this unit. Hot water will damage the components.
Customer Service and Warranty
First, we should mention how amazing the Hahn customer support team is. They offer live support via phone, chat, or email, and have an excellent return policy. Additionally, the company offers a lifetime warranty and a 120-day money-back guarantee.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- The main advantage of the replacements is that they offer ultimate water purity. They deliver clean water, remove most contaminants, and leave the essential minerals. Most reverse osmosis systems remove both the good and the bad molecules. However, that’s not the case with Hahn RO water filters.
- These filters are easy to replace and provide a very good flow rate compared to many similar units. They also filter contaminants smaller than a single micron and reduce organic chemicals like herbicides and pesticides.
- The only disadvantage to these filters is their price. They are not too expensive but compared to the competition, they are still a bit pricey. Either way, Hahn provides amazing results, better than most competitors on the market.
By now, you have realized the many advantages of Hahn water filters. They offer the ultimate purity, removing contaminants and leaving the beneficial materials. Their systems are simple to install and require almost no maintenance. If you are looking for safe water filter, Hahn is your best choice.