Many people are not aware of the negative effects of chlorine on our bodies and hair. Yet, chlorine is a common chemical in the water we use for showering and even drinking. Premature aging, dry skin, split ends, and damaged strands are only a few of the negative effects. Besides, chlorine can kill good cells and increase the risk of various cancers. With Hahn water filters, you can enjoy your everyday shower with no fear.
It’s NSF tested and removes over 97% of chlorine in the water. Besides, the company promises at least 6 years of lifespan (or 600,000 gallons of water).
- Hahn Water Filters: Featured Products
- Top 8 Hahn Water Filters: Reviews
- 1. Hahn Whole House Water Filter System and Descaler (AquaShield™ Whole House Filter)
- 2. Hahn 3-Stage 600 Gallon Undercounter Water Filtration System
- 3. Hahn Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- 4. Hahn Shower Filtration System
- 5. Hahn Replacement Filter for Hahn HF-RO
- 6. Hahn 3 Cartridge 600 Gallon Replacement Element for HF-3STAGE-BN
- 7. Hahn 2 Cartridge Replacement Element for HF-2STAGE-BN
- 8. Hahn Reverse Osmosis System Membrane Replacement
- Hahn Water Filters Buying Guide
- Hahn Replacement Filters | Main Advantages and Disadvantages
Hahn Water Filters: Featured Products
Top 8 Hahn Water Filters: Reviews
1. Hahn Whole House Water Filter System and Descaler (AquaShield™ Whole House Filter)
Several things made us consider this water filter system for review. However, let’s first talk about its specifications. Like most filters available on the market, Hahn doesn’t offer enough technical details about the product. That’s why we wanted to test it out completely and see if the filter is worth the money.
- The first “step” in the system is a 20-micron filter that removes slit and most undissolved particles. It’s a 20-inch long unit. The first tank in the system is a whole house water filter. Since it removes chlorine, most probably, it’s a Granular Activated Carbon.
- However, there is an important thing to have in mind. The filter doesn’t remove 100% of chlorine, and it shouldn’t. Completely removing chlorine from the water exposes it to various bacteria, viruses, yeast, and similar.
- The second tank in the system is a descaler, although on the website they state it’s a water softener. But what’s the difference? We get soft water by removing calcium and magnesium. Descalers, on the other hand, use catalytic media to form the crystalline of the calcium ions, since it doesn’t scale.
- The bad thing is that the effect of descalers decreases if the water is idle. It’s because the calcium will eventually go back to the previous state. It’s much different from a water softener, which uses salt to regenerate. The forth “step” in the system is a 10” 1-micron filter. It’s pretty useful to additionally purify the water at the end of the process.
The bottom line is, the system is not ideal for drinking water. Removing all the chlorine from water might have negative effects on your health. However, it purifies the water and makes it perfectly safe for showering and handwashing.
2. Hahn 3-Stage 600 Gallon Undercounter Water Filtration System
This is a slightly different unit, ideal for removing chlorine, as well as various other contaminants. It comes with Selective Aquafree Filtration which removes over 60 contaminants while retaining essential minerals. It’s a much better solution than a reverse osmosis filter, which creates “dead” water.
- The unit is amazingly simple to set up. It doesn’t require any skills to install, replace, and maintain, and will last for over six months. Besides, it features a simple and easy twist-off design.
- The system is NSF/ANSI 42, 53, and 401 certified, and is able to purify over 600 gallons of water. It comes with all the necessary fittings and hoses for an easy installation. However, if you don’t use it properly, or if the water is too much contaminated, it might get clogged after a couple of months.
Considering its price and quality, this water filtration system is an excellent solution for everybody. Just make sure that you install and use it properly, according to the user manual.
3. Hahn Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
If you are looking for a RO filtration system, this might be the end of your troubles. The same as the previous unit, it comes with Selective Aquafree Filtration. It helps remove most of the harmful contaminants, including chlorine.
The system is NSF certified, which means that it’s perfectly safe to use. It provides a healthy amount of calcium, potassium, and magnesium, for an optimal, pH balanced water. Besides, it also removes various pesticides and herbicides.
The unit is very durable and made of high-quality materials. It provides a clean, safe, and healthy water, while also reducing radium and arsenic.
4. Hahn Shower Filtration System
We already mentioned that exposing your skin and hair to chlorine is not a good thing to do. The only way to protect yourself from those contaminants is to use the shower filtration system. That’s why we bought and tested this unit, which turned out to be fantastic.
- The unit comes with a customizable shower head and can work at a 2.5 GPM flow rate. It helps you achieve a much softer and moisturized skin. Thanks to Coconut Shell Carbon, the filter significantly reduces chlorine and most synthetic chemicals.
- Another great thing is that this system comes with patented copper or zinc media. It further reduces chlorine and improves water pH balance.
The system is made in the USA, from high-quality materials. It has a very decent lifespan and provides perfectly clean water for your hair and skin.
5. Hahn Replacement Filter for Hahn HF-RO
If you own an HF-RO system, at some point, you will need to buy a replacement filter. With 0.8 GPM flow rate and 6 months lifespan, this replacement filter is an ideal solution.
This fluoride filter removes over 90% of fluoride, mercury, chlorine, arsenic, lead, and asbestos. Besides, the filter is very simple to install and requires no DIY skills. You need to simply remove the old one and put this filter in the right position.
This replacement filter is an excellent choice for all HF-RO owners. It’s simple to install, provides a decent flow rate, and perfectly removes most contaminants.
6. Hahn 3 Cartridge 600 Gallon Replacement Element for HF-3STAGE-BN
Similar to the previous unit, this replacement filter is for owners of HF-3STAGE-BN. It’s NSF certified and promises over 600 gallons of proper work. Besides, it comes with an activated and catalytic carbon and works via the ion-exchange process.
The product is a bit pricey, but compared to similar units, it does a much better job. Using various tests, we concluded that it provides perfectly safe water for both showering and drinking.
You can’t go wrong with this replacement filter. Every system needs a new filter at some point, and this unit is the right choice for all HF-3STAGE-BN owners.
7. Hahn 2 Cartridge Replacement Element for HF-2STAGE-BN
With absolute sub-micron mechanical filtration, this cartridge is a powerful element for obtaining safe and clean water. The company promises at least 450 gallons of pure water, which is decent.
Also, the unit is NSF/ANSI certified for 42, 52, and 401 standards. It features the ion-exchange process and uses activated and catalytic carbon for the best performance. Besides, like most Hahn products, it’s very simple to install and requires no special maintenance.
If you own the HF-2STAGE-BN system, you will need to buy this cartridge sooner or later. However, the good thing is that it provides excellent quality and comes at an affordable price.
8. Hahn Reverse Osmosis System Membrane Replacement
If you prefer a reverse osmosis process to clean your water, you still need to replace the membrane over time. However, you don’t have to worry. For less than $70, you can get an excellent replacement.
This membrane removes over 95% of various particles, such as fluoride, mercury, arsenic, and chlorine. It also removes lead and asbestos, which makes it an excellent choice. Besides, the unit is NSF certified for 42, 53, and 58 standards.
This membrane works perfectly for at least 2 years, but usually even longer. Considering its price, this unit is an excellent, long-term investment.
Hahn Water Filters Buying Guide
How Does Hahn Water Filter Work?
When the water reaches the filter, it has to pass through 4 stages. First, it comes upon a 20-inch 20-micron mechanical filter. It removes slit and larger undissolved particles. Then, the next stage is a tank that removes chlorine. After most of the chlorine is removed, the water reaches the third stage (the second tank), which is a descaler. It uses a catalytic media to create the crystalline from the ions. In the end, there is a 10-inch 60-micron filter.
After the water leaves the last filter, it’s perfectly pure and safe. Also, you should know that Hahn filters don’t remove chlorine completely, but around 97%. On the other hand, completely removing chlorine from water is not a good thing to do. It would allow various bacteria and viruses to form in the water.
How Many Whole House Systems an Average Family Requires?
Let’s say that you live in a 4-person family. Your house is around 3500 square feet and you have three bathrooms. In that case, a single whole house system will provide you with perfectly clean and safe water. However, if your family or home exceeds these specifications, you might need an additional system for the optimal results.
Hahn Whole House Systems | Installation and Assembly
Before we dive into the installation process, let’s mention a few important things. At first, according to Hahn, the unit must be installed by a licensed plumber to validate the warranty. Also, during the installation, you need to keep the unit in the upright position at all times.
The first thing to do is to remove the red caps from inlet and outlet ports. Then, you need to precondition the unit. Simply connect the garden hose to the unit and slowly turn on the water. You need to flush the tanks for about 10 minutes, and then disconnect the garden hose and prepare the unit in the right position for installation.
Before you start the installation, turn off the main water supply. Install the unit to the main water supply, but don’t overtighten anything. Otherwise, the components might break. Also, you should not use pipe dope, since it will void the warranty. Instead, you should use a certified pipe primer, glue, and Teflon tape.
Once you finish the installation, turn on the main water supply and check for leakages. If it’s fine, turn on the faucet which is closest to the unit. Let the water run for around 10 minutes, and that’s it. Your whole house filtration system is ready for use!
In the end, there are a few more things to note. At first, you shouldn’t use the unit if the water pressure is above 100 PSI. Its optimal pressure range is between 20 and 100. Also, the unit should be used only in cold water. Hot water will damage the components.
Hahn Water Filters | Customer Service and Warranty
At first, we should mention how amazing the Hahn customer support team is. They offer live support via phone, chat, or email, and have an excellent return/replacement policy. Besides, the company offers a lifetime warranty and a 120-day money-back guarantee.
Hahn Replacement Filters | Main Advantages and Disadvantages
- The main advantage of Hahn replacement filters is that they offer the ultimate water purity. They deliver clean and healthy water, remove most contaminants, and leave the essential minerals. Most reverse osmosis filters remove both the good and the bad molecules. However, that’s not the case with Hahn RO filters.
- The filters are amazingly easy to replace and provide a very good flow rate, compared to many similar units. They also filter contaminants smaller than a single micron and reduce organic chemicals like herbicides and pesticides.
- The only disadvantage of these filters is their price. They are not expensive but compared to the vast competition, they are still a bit pricey. On the other hand, Hahn filters provide amazing results, better than most filters in the market.
Yes, most Hahn filters successfully remove over 95% of fluoride from water.
No, they are not. Although, some of their units are almost identical, hence the confusion.
If you live in an average 4-person family, in most cases, a single home water filter would be enough. Of course, it also depends upon various factors, such as the number of toilets, kitchens, and so on.
We hope that, by now, you have realized how many advantages Hahn filters have. They offer the ultimate purity, removal of all contaminants, and leave the healthy materials. Hahn filters are easy to install and require almost no maintenance. If you are looking for safe and healthy water filter, Hahn is your best choice.