Hahn water filters are NSF tested and remove over 97% of chlorine in the water. Additionally, Hahn guarantees they have a lifespan of at least six years (600,000 gallons of water). They offer shower filters, under-sink filters, and units for the whole house.
Hahn Water Filters: Product Reviews
Hahn Whole House System and Descaler
Whole house water filters are great appliances to keep in your home. They provide clean water not only for drinking but for bathing and all of your household needs.
When the water reaches the filter, it has to pass through four stages. First, it comes upon a 20-inch 20-micron mechanical filter, which gets rid of slit and larger undissolved particles. Next, the water moves through a tank that removes chlorine. After most of the chlorine is removed, the water reaches the third stage (the second tank), which is a descaler. The descaler protects your pipes from corrosion and extends the life of your appliances. The fourth step in the system is a 10-inch 1-micron filter, which eliminates even the smallest particles.
Here are some key things to note about the product:
- Flow Rate: 10 gallons per minute.
- Filter cartridge included with a life of 72 months.
- Includes a filter change indicator.
- The optimal pressure range is between 20 and 100 PSI. Not be used if pressure exceeds 100 PSI.
Customer Service and Warranty
First, we should mention how amazing the Hahn customer support team is. They offer live support via phone, chat, or email, and have an excellent return policy. Additionally, the company offers a lifetime warranty and a 120-day money-back guarantee. It is important to note, however, the unit must be installed by a licensed plumber to validate the warranty.
Hahn 3-Stage 600 Gallon Under-Counter
This filter comes with Selective Aquafree Filtration which removes over 60 contaminants while retaining essential minerals.
- With a simple setup, this unit doesn’t require any skills to install, replace, and maintain. Plus, the filter will last for over six months. Additionally, it features a simple and easy twist-off design.
- The system is NSF/ANSI 42, 53, and 401 certified, and is able to purify over 600 gallons of water before the filter needs replacement. It comes with all the necessary fittings and hoses for simple installation. However, if you don’t use it properly, or if the water is excessively contaminated, it might get clogged after a couple of months.
Considering its price and quality, this water filtration system is an excellent solution. Just make sure that you install and use it properly according to the user manual.
Hahn Reverse Osmosis System
This Hahn system helps remove most of the harmful contaminants, including chlorine, pesticides, herbicides, radium, and arsenic. Similar to the previous unit, the Hahn Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System comes with Selective Aquafree Filtration. While most reverse osmosis filters eliminate beneficial elements like calcium, potassium, and magnesium, in effect creating what is called “dead” water, this unit is able to leave them in.
It is very durable and made of high-quality materials.
Hahn Shower Filtration System
The best way to protect your skin and hair from chlorine-related damage is to use a shower filtration system. Here are a few things to note about this Hahn shower water filter:
- It comes with a customizable shower head and can work at a 2.5 GPM (Gallon Per Minute) flow rate.
- The filter uses coconut shell carbon, significantly reducing chlorine and most synthetic chemicals.
- The system comes with patented copper and zinc media. It further reduces chlorine and improves water pH balance.
- Made in the USA, the system uses high-quality materials that have a good lifespan.
Replacement Filter for Hahn HF-RO
If you own an HF-RO system, at some point you will need to buy a replacement filter.
- 0.8 GPM flow rate and six months lifespan.
- Removes over 90% of fluoride, mercury, chlorine, arsenic, lead, and asbestos.
- Very simple to install and requires no DIY skills. All you need to do is remove the old one and put this filter in the right position.
Hahn 3 Cartridge 600 Gallon Replacement Element for HF-3STAGE-BN
This replacement filter is for owners of HF-3STAGE-BN. It’s NSF certified and promises over 600 gallons of proper work.
Provides perfectly safe water for both showering and drinking.
Hahn 2 Cartridge Replacement Element for HF-2STAGE-BN
With absolute sub-micron mechanical filtration, this cartridge is a powerful element for obtaining safe and clean water. The company promises at least 450 gallons of pure water.
Additionally, the unit is NSF/ANSI certified for 42, 52, and 401 standards. It features the ion-exchange process and uses activated and catalytic carbon for the best performance. Like most Hahn water filter products, it’s very simple to install and requires no special maintenance.
If you own the HF-2STAGE-BN system, you will need to buy this cartridge sooner or later.
Hahn RO Membrane Replacement
If you prefer the reverse osmosis process to clean your water, you will still need to replace the membrane over time. However, for less than $70, you can get this excellent replacement.
This membrane removes over 95% of particles, such as fluoride, mercury, arsenic, and chlorine, as well as lead and asbestos. Plus, the unit is NSF certified for 42, 53, and 58 standards.
This membrane has a two-year lifespan but usually works even longer. Considering its price, this water filter is an excellent, long-term investment.
By now, you have realized the many advantages of Hahn water filters. They offer the ultimate purity, removing contaminants and leaving the beneficial materials. Their systems are simple to install and require almost no maintenance. If you are looking for a great water filter, Hahn is a good choice.