Do you doubt the purity and safety of your home water? If yes, then a faucet filter system may put your mind at ease. One product to consider is the Kabter Faucet Water Filter System. It may just be what you’re looking for if you want a product that’s simple and immediately gets the job done.
Here, we’ve prepared a thorough review to help you find out more about this filter unit. So, read on to find out whether this model will meet your water filtering needs at home.
- Why Use a Faucet Water Filter
- Special Bundle
- Kabter Faucet Filters – Tech Specs
- Main Features and Benefits
- Advantages and Drawbacks
- Simple to Install and Maintain
- Filter Cartridges
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Why Use a Faucet Water Filter
Some homes may be blessed with pure water and may have no need for any faucet water filter system. Yet, the majority of households need some type of water filter. Why? Here are some things to consider:
- Some homes are located in areas where there is hard water.
- Even safe tap water may still have contaminants in it.
- Filtered water tastes much better than unfiltered faucet water.
- Having a water filter will save money on water bottles.
Overall, the time to purchase a water filter is now. Let’s take a look at what Kabter has to offer.
Kabter Faucet Filters – Tech Specs
|Type||Faucet Mount, Tap Water Filtration Purifier|
|Filter Cartridge||MN02 type|
|Material||Food-grade ABS plastic|
|Water Temperature||70 Â°C maximum, 4 Â°C. Minimum|
|Package inclusions||1 unit of KGLQ and 1 unit of MN02|
Main Features and Benefits
- Kabter system cleans your faucet water from contaminants. It removes chlorine, benzene, and sediment. It also filters out cysts, asbestos, and mercury in your water. More importantly, it removes lead, but in situations where you have heavily contaminated water, you may need an RO filter.
- This type of filter removes the sour taste and foul smell and gives you a fresh and clean drinking experience straight from your tap.
- This filter sports a strong design. It uses a durable and no-leak ABS plastic which is food grade.
- This model also offers a convenient design. With one flip of your Kabter switch, filtered water flows. This makes grabbing a quick glass of water or meal preparation a cinch.
- This water filter is not bulky nor space-hugging and doesn’t crowd your counter space.
- It also helps declutter your countertop by replacing your tank water filter system and filtered pitchers in your fridge.
- This Kabter filter may be best for you, especially if you prefer drinking cool water straight from the tap and not from the refrigerator.
- The Kabter filter can fit most household faucets. Following a standard design, the manufacturer uses standard male and female threaded faucets. That’s 55/64 inch for male sizing and 15/16 inch and 13/16 inch for female sizing.
- This unit can last three to five months of steady use before requiring a filter change. Your usage would depend on a few factors, including how dirty or contaminated your water is how heavily (or lightly) your household consumes water. The most efficient use of its lifetime is 200 gallons.
- Lastly, its chrome finishing is stylish and will complement and accent your kitchen set-up beautifully.
Advantages and Drawbacks
So note if you live in a neighborhood with these water conditions. You’re better off buying dedicated filters that suit those water conditions.
Simple to Install and Maintain
Confirm this unit is compatible with your faucet, here are the next steps:
- Unpack your product.
- Next, fit the MN02 cartridge inside the Kabter filter unit
- Then check if for an aerator on the tap spout.
- If yes, then first unscrew it.
- Next, fit the filter unit into your faucet. Make sure that the threading meets properly. Then proceed to turn or screw the unit in.
- Lastly, flip the switch to access filtered water.
Also, you might need to run the water through your tap for a few minutes because the first time you pass water through the filter it may look a bit blackish at first before running clear again. This is normal and due to the granular carbon fitting inside the filter. If you experience this, run the water clear first before you take your first drink.
Maintaining this product is easy. Just like what you do to clean other faucets in your home, simply cleanse it from dirt and grime if there is a buildup using a gentle cleanser to clean the exterior of the unit.
The cartridge is not recommended for cleaning and reuse. Replace the filter when the product life has passed to ensure you get the safest drinking water from your faucet at all times.
The MN02 works to reduce water contaminants in your home water supply. The cartridge uses the following purifying components:
- First, an activated carbon
- Second, a food-grade Calcium Sulfite Ball
- Third, a KDF55 feature
If you have chlorine and cysts in your water, this filter will remove those as well as asbestos, lead, and mercury.
This model uses Calcium Sulfite for its filter encasement and within that a granular carbon lays inside. This is the primary cause for your water possibly looking dark and cloudy after the initial installation. This is normal, just let it clear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filters Bulky?
No. Similar to the Pur 3-stage, these fit in and blend nicely with your kitchen tap. The design is compact and have the following dimensions outlined below:
Can the Kabter System Fit Your Faucet?
This is a smart question to ask before you go out and buy one of these. You should make sure that it is compatible with your faucet and will fit appropriately.
- First, check that you have a threaded faucet for your kitchen access since this will not match a pull-down or pull up models. Also, it won’t work on unthreaded faucets.
- Secondly, check that your faucet uses a standard male or female size. It’s either 55/64-inch for male sizes and 15/16-inch for female sizes.
For reference, here are the compatible diameters:
- If your tap has an outside thread: The Kabter fits outside thread diameters of 21.5mm.
- If your tap has an inner thread: The Kabter fits inner thread diameters of 20.6mm to 23.5mm.
What Cartridge Should You Use For a Kabter System?
These food-grade ABS plastic water filters use an MNO2 code cartridge. You can buy it from Amazon but make sure to order an MNO2 unit before you reach the 200 gallons limit. That way, you can continue enjoy high-quality drinking water without interruption.
Your water usage and the water quality in your neighborhood will also affect your filter choice. You may reach this mark anywhere around three to five months. One gallon is about 16 cups of water, so 200 gallons give you 3,200 cups of clarified water!
For reference, this replacement filter has the following dimensions outline below:
What Is the ABS Plastic Feature of Kabter System?
The ABS plastic label is an essential feature. You should look for it when buying water filters for the following reasons:
- It certifies the filtration device durability. The label means your product can handle impact, heat, and abrasion.
- It is a food-grade thermoplastic. This label means your water filters are safe for use in food processing or preparations.
At the end of the day, the Kabter KGLQ is a simple water filtration system that you can use in your home. Whether you’re single or have a small household to run, these filters can provide clean drinking and cooking water for your needs. Plus, the sleek finish complements any kitchen while its compact design keeps your counter mess-free.
Remember when evaluating this filter for your home that it only works on threaded faucets. Since it uses replaceable filters, you should be ready to buy the MN02 version from Amazon when you hit your 200-gallon lifetime limit.