Are you looking for a countertop water filter? Then check this review guide and know more about Zen Water filters 6-gallon size. It may just be the right choice for your home.
- Special Bundle of Zen Water Filters
- Zen Water Filters: Features and Benefits
- Zen Water Rejuvenate 6-Gallon Water Filter: Special Features
- How do Zen Water Filters Work and Cleanse Your Tap Water?
- Zen Water Countertop Filters: FAQs
- What is the Capacity of this Filtering Unit?
- What’s the Useful Life of the Water Filter Cartridges and Other Filtering Materials?
- How do you Maintain Zen Water Systems Filtering Materials?
- How do you Care for Your Zen Water Systems Unit?
- Is There a Warranty on This Product?
- How do you Prepare the Unit for Assembly?
- How do you Assemble the Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtering Unit?
- How do you Prepare the Zen Filtration System Before its First Use?
- How Long Does it Take to Fill the Whole Filtering System?
- Why Does it Take a Long Time for the Bottom Tanks to Filter Tap Water and Fill up with Purified Water?
- Why is the Product Leaking?
- Zen Water Countertop Filters: Conclusion
Special Bundle of Zen Water Filters
Zen Water Filters: Features and Benefits
In this section, we’ll list down some features and benefits that make this countertop water filtration product a good choice for your next water filter. The filter is a 1-system water purifier that has five functions:
Zen water’s multi-stage water filter can remove unwanted properties from your tap water. Some of which are: Bacteria, Chlorine, Chemicals, Harmful contaminants, Water impurities.
Special Features & Benefits
- Zen Water filters transform your tap water into pure, healthy, and mineralized water. As a result, your tap water now becomes fit for drinking.
- The Zen water countertop water filter can hold 6 gallons of water. Now, that does conveniently fill up your coffee or tea kettle at one time.
- It boosts your health by adding essential minerals plus bio-energy properties for vitality.
- The materials used are BPA-free. As a result, nothing toxic from the filter material will leak into the water.
- Zen Water System countertop model doesn’t draw power. Because of that, you can easily set it up anywhere. Additionally, you get to enjoy clean water with no added energy costs.
- You’ll see that it’s easy to assemble and set up on your counter. Indeed, it’s a fuss-free water filtering system.
- It’s less pricey compared with other water filtering systems. Therefore, buying this water filter will save you money.
- The unit is portable and convenient. This means that filter unit placement is flexible. Furthermore, you can even carry it on the go. It also follows that you can have peace of mind as you go camping or traveling. Because you’ll always have access to clean drinking water wherever you may be.
Zen Water Rejuvenate 6-Gallon Water Filter: Special Features
Next up, let’s look at the specs for this compact countertop water filter:
|Filter life span:||Approximately 6 month or 500 gallons|
|Capacity:||2-gallon top tank capacity plus 4-gallon bottom tank capacity|
|Height:||25 inches (including base) 19 inches (excluding base)|
- Included in the pack: Micro Ceramic Filter, 5 Stage Mineral Cartridge, and Maifan Mineral Stone
- Features a magnetic spigot
- Note that a 4-gallon and 8-gallon model variant is available.
Why is it Called Zen Water Rejuvenate?
In answer to that, the Zen Water Rejuvenate works by firstly, filtering, and purifying your tap water. Next, it mildly alkalizes the water to help you to get the alkaline water . After that, it mineralizes the water. And finally, it magnetizes tap water. What results from the process is a cup that tastes like natural mineral spring water. As a result, you feel refreshed and rejuvenated when you drink filtered tap water from your own Zen Water unit.
How do Zen Water Filters Work and Cleanse Your Tap Water?
Moving on, let’s talk about how the Zen Water filtration system works by each content.
The Micro-Ceramic Filter Dome
This micro-ceramic filter in the unit has a pore size of .2 to .5 micron. And with this fine measurement, the filter unit is able to catch 99% of bacteria and parasites in water.
It also captures other harmful contaminants. In addition to that, the filter cleanses your water from chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, and other toxins.
The 5-Stage Mineral Filter
The Silver Impregnated Activated Carbon
This cartridge uses activated carbon. And this filter material effectively purifies your drinking water because it is treated with oxygen. This means it opens up the pores that are between carbon atoms thereby reducing chlorine, solvents, and other chemicals in your tap water.
As a result of that, you get pure water that’s without foul odor or bad taste. So you get crisp, clean, mountain spring quality water from this unit. On top of these, the activated carbon is silver impregnated in order to disinfect as well as inhibit bacteria growth in water.
The Ionic Exchange Resin
This filter can soften hard water. It works to purify tap water, removing the toxins and heavy metals that contaminate your drinking water.
The Far-Infrared Ceramic Balls
Alternative medicine makes use of these components to promote health benefits. Some of these are improvements in memory function, metabolism enhancement, and blood pressure regulation. There’s also growth, strength, and vitality to add more to the list. It also ionizes and helps with activating water molecules in our body cells and blood.
The Silica Sand
The silica sand bears absorbent qualities. It’s effective in removing granular impurities, colloids, and suspended solids. Such enhances the purifying feature of this water filtering system. It takes charge of neutralizing acidic elements and helps in creating an optimal pH balance. That’s why you can see and taste the brilliant sparkling water it produces after the filtering cycle is completed.
The Mineral Sand
Like the mineral stones below, this boosts the micronutrient content of your filtered drinking water.
The Maifan Mineral Stones
These stones infuse your tap water with micronutrients. It also adds some essential minerals your body needs, like zinc and calcium. These also add manganese and potassium It actually contains over 40 types of inorganic minerals. Lastly, such stones consequently increase water alkalinity.
Does it Really Save you Money?
To answer the question, yes. In fact, the company estimates that the filter will pay for itself in about 2 months time. Why does it save you money? Well, for several reasons:
- Firstly, the initial purchase cost runs cheaper than other drinking water filters.
- Secondly, this product eliminates the need to buy bottled water for home and outdoor consumption. So you can have purified water at home anytime you want. Likewise, you can enjoy the same quality of commercially bottled water by filling up your own water bottles with Zen Water before you head out the door.
Zen Water Countertop Filters: FAQs
What is the Capacity of this Filtering Unit?
The top holding tank can store 2 gallons of water. The bottom storage tank can hold 4 gallons of water.
What’s the Useful Life of the Water Filter Cartridges and Other Filtering Materials?
These Zen water filter components have a limited useful life. So you need to note the period and replace filters promptly. As a result, you can maintain and keep enjoying the filtration system for its excellent purifying quality.
- The Zen micro-ceramic filter dome has a useful life of 1 year or up to 1,000 gallons.
- This Zen 5-stage mineral filter cartridge is good for 6 months or up to 500 gallons.
- The unit’s maifan Zen Water mineral stones can serve you for 3 to 5 years depending on water type and use.
How do you Maintain Zen Water Systems Filtering Materials?
Here’s how you take care of the filtration materials:
- Scrub and clean the micro-ceramic filter dome every 2 to 4 weeks. On the other hand, if the water is dirty, you may need to wash more frequently than that.
- The 5-Stage Mineral filter cartridge is totally replaceable. Just install the new cartridge when needed.
- You need to boil the mineral stones every 6 months. Do this to re-activate the mineral properties. However, check after 3 years for possible erosion and replace it when necessary. Five years is the maximum limit of use.
- Wash the tanks every three months. But for dirty water, wash more frequently than that.
How do you Care for Your Zen Water Systems Unit?
Here are some reminders on caring for your unit:
- Do not subject the filtering unit to the intense heat of the sun. Ideally, place it away from the windows or areas where direct sunlight falls during the day. This way you avoid moss or algae from forming.
- You should not use detergent or cleaning solutions to wash the filters or other parts.
- Don’t let the top or bottom tank overflow.
- You should not use hot water with your Zen Water system. Hence, keep the water temperatures between 0˚C to 29˚C.
- It is not recommended that you use microbiologically unsafe water on your water filter. Likewise, if you are unsure about the quality of the water you are going to use, make sure to observe sufficient disinfection both before and after you use the filtering unit.
Is There a Warranty on This Product?
Yes. The Zen Water Systems provides a warranty for your purchase of a Zen Water countertop filter within the US. But if you buy elsewhere, you need to contact that company for warranty claims or returns.
You can report a damaged or defective Zen Water filter unit to customer services. In response, you will receive a replacement as early as 1 or 2 business days. You may also return the defective or damaged unit as long as it’s within 30 days after purchase.
How do you Prepare the Unit for Assembly?
There are some preparatory steps you should take before you assemble the Zen Water Systems filtration unit. Here they are:
|Step 1: Check the package contents.||The diagram provided in the next section lays out all the materials and parts that should come with your purchase. If something is missing, notify customer service so they can immediately send the lacking parts.|
|Step 2: Prepare the micro-ceramic filter dome:||by soaking it in clean and cool water for about 15 up to 30 minutes. Then firmly scrub all sides of the dome using a brush or scourer. Do this under running water that’s cool, not hot. And don’t use any detergent to clean the filter dome.|
|Step 3: Ready the multi-stage filter cartridge||by rinsing it under cool running water. Do this for about 10 to 15 minutes. Doing this flushes out loose particles. After that, run it under flowing water some more to confirm that the water runs clear of any debris.|
|Step 4: Take the mineral stone case and open it up.||Take out the mineral stones and prep them by applying a full rinse. Next, place the stone in a pot you can boil it in. Keep it boiling for 10 minutes. After that, drain the stone and air dry completely. Finally, scatter the mineral stones at the bottom of the bottom tank. Alternatively, you may place it back in the plastic bag. Just remember to wash clean and dry the bag as well.|
|Step 5: Sanitize the tanks.||Wash both top and bottom tanks with a mild detergent. Afterward, rinse well then dry completely.|
How do you Assemble the Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtering Unit?
Here’s how you assemble your new water filter:
|Step 1||Start from the bottom.|
|Step 2||Insert the spigot through the bottom tank. Use 1 silicone ring on the outside of the tank. Next, use 2 silicone rings on the inside part of the tank. Tighten the spigot using the nut.|
|Step 3||Position the cleansed mineral stones inside of the bottom tank.|
|Step 4||Place the bottom tank on the base. However, you may also opt not to use the base.|
|Step 5||Afterward, lay the middle ring on the bottom tank.|
|Step 6||Screw the 5-stage mineral filter onto the cartridge ring.|
|Step 7||Fix the assembly onto the middle ring.|
|Step 8||Unscrew the wing nut as well as the silicone rings from the stem of the ceramic filter dome./td>|
|Step 9||Next, insert the stem of the ceramic filter dome through the top tank. Use one silicone ring on both sides of the tank. After that, remember to tighten the dome with the nut.|
|Step 10||Lastly, place the top tank on top of the middle ring.|
|Step 11||When that’s done, cover the unit with the lid.|
When rightly assembled, your countertop water filter unit should follow the connections similar to this diagram:
How do you Prepare the Zen Filtration System Before its First Use?
After assembling the filtration unit, there are some things you need to do before you drink your first cup of filtered water from the Zen Water Systems product.
- Check your countertop unit for any leaks around the spigot and tighten the nut until the leaking stops. This is further explained in “Why is the product leaking?” section.
- Run two full tanks of filtered water. Use these on other chores, like watering your plants or cleaning your car. Do not drink from these first 2 batches yet.
- On the third fill, you can start drinking the filtered mineral water from the unit.
How Long Does it Take to Fill the Whole Filtering System?
Your first fill of both tanks may take several hours to completely filter tap water. But after some time, the ceramic and minerals will loosen up. As a result, the unit’s filter cycle time will complete faster. However, at no time should your unit take longer than 5 hours to drain the top tank. Should this be the case, see the next question below.
Why Does it Take a Long Time for the Bottom Tanks to Filter Tap Water and Fill up with Purified Water?
Sometimes, sediments, ceramic dust, and other particles may build up and clog the ceramic dome. This greatly limits the flow of water. Just grab a scouring brush or cleaning scrub to rid all sides of any buildup. And remember to check on the dome’s cleanliness regularly. Do this especially when it takes longer than 5 hours before the top tank drains water downwards to the second tank.
Why is the Product Leaking?
First and foremost, you should conduct a leak test before anything else. It says so in the manual by the way. Do the leak test and report any leaks immediately to customer service. That way you can get official guidance on what to do next.
With that being said, here are some reasons and troubleshooting steps to deal with leaking water filters.
For defective units that have visible cracks, request a product replacement.
If the leak is coming from the spigot area, simply tighten the nut on the spigot:
- Empty the two tanks. With one hand, fix the spigot in place. Tighten the nut in a clockwise direction. And just turn it by a quarter at most.
- Fill the bottom tank with a bit of water. Then open the spigot to see whether there’s still some leaking.
- Repeat both steps until the leaking stops.
In case the spigot itself is defective, request for a spigot replacement immediately.
If the leak is coming from the middle ring (this is found between the 2 tanks), it means you’re over-filling the tanks. You can solve this by removing excess water from the top tank. Since the bottom tank fills up first, you must be careful not to overfill the top tank whenever the bottom tank has reached full capacity.
Should there be a leak from the middle ring even when the tanks are not full, there could be a clogging issue with the cartridge. If that is the cause, you’d definitely have a backflow issue. So check the 5-stage mineral cartridge for clogging. You can easily fix this problem by gently shaking the cartridge upside down.
In this way, you loosen up whatever mineral rocks had compacted over time. Remember to run the cartridge under running water to check that the water can freely flow through.
Zen Water Countertop Filters: Conclusion
If the features and benefits listed in this Zen Water filters reviews appeal to you, then why not check the product out. To sum it up, the top benefits are convenience and ease of use. You also get an easy installation that does not use electricity and is low cost. There may be some drawbacks. After all, nothing is perfect. Should you have a large household, then the water capacity may be an issue.
When you have dirty water in your area, consequently, you may need a more intense type of water filtration system. As parting advice, choose this water filtration product if it will effectively meet your specific needs.